Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Blog Notes- Rewarding Top Commenters


I've decided that I would like to reward my top commenters with links. Since not everyone who joins in the dialogue here is on Entrecard, I think this is more fair than rewarding top "droppers", and I like it! I've added your avatars, or something from your blog or profile if you are not on Ecard, with links to your blogs in the left column. I really appreciate the new friends I've made here!

I'll add a couple more as some new participants come on board.

If any of you would be willing to add this site to your blogrolls, it would be just great! But of course, I'm happy to have you stop by rather you do that or not.

There will be a fun post later tonight.

7 comments:

Lin said...

Thanks for the shoutout!! It's not necessary though, I just like visiting and commenting on what you find. As always--a joy to visit you and your blog each day!!

Rick (Ratty) said...

This is a good idea. I've been trying to figure out how to do something like this, but so it happens automatically.

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea. It's easy with Wordpress based blogs. I'm not really familiar with Blogger, though.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

I've seen some of the widgets for top commenters, but I decided that I wanted to make the links pictoral. Right now it's easy for me to spot the top commenters, so doing it manually is not a problem. If it becomes onerous, I'll look into something else.

Joe Todd said...

THANKS FOR PUTTING ME IN THE TOP COMMENTERS LIST.. WIFE AND I ARE GETTING READY TO GO TO GETTYSBURG AND HARPERS FERRY Appalachian Trail Conservancy HEADQUARTERS IS THERE WILL BE CHECKING IT OUT.WILL PROBABLY BLOG ABOUT LATER JOE TODD

Anonymous said...

great idea, count me in as one of the active participants next month (if I won't be able to make it this month). And hey, would it be ok with you if I borrow your idea? I wanna do the same on my blog too. Since it's your brainchild, I'll mention you for proper credits. =)

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Joe- Have fun, and stop back when you can. I'll look for your story.

Rochelle- it sure wasn't original with me... I just didn't like the widgets that did it automatically. Go for it.