Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, March 30, 2009

A Day of Tens

 

four examples of the number 10 made with common objects

This is not an inspired post. I couldn't get to sleep last night till 5 am. Got up at 10 am, and had a dentist appt at 12:10. I realized that if I was going to redeem the day at all I would have to beat myself into it, so I decided to make it a day of tens. When I'm in these moods I figure that if I can make myself do anything that it is better than the big fat NOTHING I would accomplish otherwise. So here is what I did:

  • Dentist at 12:10 (final fitting, the "real" teeth look nice- now they glue them on and I'll have the plate next week), followed by tax office, bank, grocery store
  • entered 10 receipts in my finance spreadsheet
  • took care of 10 things from the dining room
  • took care of 10 things in the kitchen
  • worked on blog promotion for 10 minutes (that turned into a half hour)
  • spent 10 minutes returning two important phone calls
  • checked 10 old newspapers to be sure they could be tossed in the recycle
  • dropped Entrecards for 10 minutes (that turned into more)
  • crocheted 10/3.3333 granny squares for a gift I'm making
  • oh, and walked the dog and brought in the mail and all that ordinary stuff that doesn't fit the 10s theme
Obviously I did not take care of the items the 10s are made of... OK, I cheated on the slice of onion. But I need it for tomorrow's dinner anyway.
See How's Your Self Image for more about the quest for new teeth
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


5 comments:

betchai said...

wow, i've never done this or have thought of doing something by number, sounds fun though. definitely, 10 minutes for EC would be extended :)

rainfield61 said...

It will be out of control once the computer is on, but life will be a little bit here and there. Here with the machine, there on many more besides machine. To squeeze time for this and that. Hahaha...

VanillaSeven said...

Wondering how many EC you can click within 10 mins? :)

Rick (Ratty) said...

I often try to limit things to a certain time limit, but it's never the same twice in a row. And it never seems to work out the way I want.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hi folks! I thought I answered all these comments yesterday. Hmm, I'm sure I did, wonder what happened to it? Anyway...

Yes, betchai & vanilla, 10 minutes is about enough to start thinking about doing EC dropping.

Rainfield- I'm with you- once the computer is on it sort of controls life, doesn't it?

Ratty- it's less a case of limiting a time to work and telling myself I HAVE to work that amount of time! Some days I'm soooo lazy.