Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Flaming Morning - Just a Little Late

 
photo label

I wanted to show you this picture the day that I took it. But I got really busy, and decided to post some of the alphabet. Then... would you believe that I couldn't find it? Duh! I looked on all my memory cards, and decided sadly that I must have deleted it. But there it is! Somehow, I just didn't see it.

You may be wondering what you are seeing. Well, we live one field over from a co-op grain elevator. They had one of their grain dryers turned on and it was pouring steam into the chilly morning sky. Then, the sun appeared behind the elevators, and this was the result!

There's a month to go till the next Kitchenhenge installment. I'm hopeful of getting the December picture this year, and then you'll see just how far south the sun actually wanders!


See Kitchenhenge- Installment 3
See The Power of Nature

8 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I've lost a lot of pictures the same way. I have them somewhere, but I just got busy and couldn't remember where I put them. I like pictures like this. I like the way the sun is shining through the steam. Things like this can bring a bit of fun mystery with them for all of us viewing the picture.

Ann said...

What a fantastic shot that is. I love it.
I've done the same with pictures. I have so many on my computer that it makes it difficult to find them when I want them.

Beauty said...

realy great picture you are capture, amazing situation here, :D

New Games said...

very nice pict. friend

Secondary Roads said...

Grain driers here are working overtime. Lots of frustration for the farmers who suffer the loss of income.

rainfield61 said...

Your camera has turned the simple scene into an amazing one.

Sharkbytes said...

Ratty- yes, the mystery is the interesting part of this, I think. It makes everything look like something it isn't.

Ann- I try to keep them ordered on my computer, but it's hard!

Beauty & New Games- thank you.

Chuck- Ah... your rural life would lead you to recognize what it is.

rainfield- glad you like it!

Anonymous said...

That's a great capture! The smoke looks like clouds, almost!