Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Brown Thrasher


brown thrasher

I want you to have something to come and see while I'm gone hiking. I've scheduled a post- at least a picture for most days. That way you can see some of the many wonderful discoveries of the past few days.

I wish the focus was a little better on this, but I was really thrilled to get a picture of the brown thrasher. It's a large bird, slightly bigger than a robin, and usually secretive, hopping along the ground in hiding in the brush. But Ellen and I found this one in a treetop, singing it's head off. It's spring!



10 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

That's neat. I don't believe I've seen one before.

rainfield61 said...

Happy trekking.

Ann said...

Even the birds are happy that spring is here.

Joanne Olivieri said...

Great capture. It always amazes me how the balance on those branches. He seems like a happy little guy.

Rick (Ratty) said...

Getting a good new find like this is much more important than picture quality. It's just fun to know that you got it. You did a good job.

Bizvertise said...

nice shoot

Eegeeboy said...

nice shot, its beautiful so spring is officially there.

Lin said...

Oh, Cool! I don't think we have those here. Nice to see him singing joyfully. :)

Healthy Cafe said...

awesome bird photo shoot

RNSANE said...

What a wonderful shot! I don't think I've ever seen this bird..or, if I did, I wouldn't know. I've been out of touch, celebrating my son's wedding. When you get home, check out my blog for pictures -
http://rnsane.blogspot.com/2010/05/here-comes-bride-mr-mrs-alexander.html#links