Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve Colors

 

We had the biggest part of our Christmas today with Loretta at her place. She cooked (there's the quality in MY day- I sit at a table and food appears from somewhere- I could handle that). She and Om both wore red and green. I guess that's the color part of that picture.

Christmas dinner

Then Om and I went to Cadillac to a concert he wanted to attend. We got there just at sundown, and saw the most magnificent sun pillar at sunset I've ever seen. It may be the tallest one I've ever seen at all. This picture doesn't show the full height, but it concentrates the colors more.

sunset sun pillar

The concert was contemporary, and Om has a lot of friends there, so he had a very good time.

Christmas praise concert

Tomorrow we will mostly chill out, and I have to do a bunch of paperwork.

See Cold for another sunset sun pillar
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


6 comments:

Loritenor said...

Awesome pillar photo. I actually have never seen one,but assume they happen around sunset?

Sharkbytes said...

Loretta- sunrise and sunset. I've seen quite a few at sunrise- click on the sun pillar label and you'll get all the posts with pictures of them.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay yes sitting arownd and having fud just appeer is the life i can agree with that!!! mary krismas!!! ok bye

Ann said...

A nice way to celebrate the season.
We had ours all over with after breakfast this morning with my daughter

spinninglovelydays said...

That second picture is WOW! Being from the Phils, I didn't even know of such a thing. Makes me even more excited to experience a white Christmas...

Loritenor said...

So glad we got my lovely salt shaker in the photo...My SS class would laugh to see this as my lack of appropriate S&P holders was a running joke