Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Turkey!

 
I didn't ask if this bird was to be invited to Christmas dinner, or to BE Christmas dinner. He's a domestic bird, but with the natural colors, not the pure white they usually are.

I've never had one strut his stuff so nicely for me. Sorry about the fence, but hey, it was there. It was either that or not take the picture.

photo label

And, by the way, I've shown you a number of turkeytail fungus, but here's a good place for a repeat, while you can actually compare it to the turkey tail.

turkeytail fungus

See A Sorry Tale and a Turkey Tail
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

7 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Hey, neat comparison!

rainfield61 said...

That is interesting, a turkeytail mushroom.

Tony Laplume said...

We have wild turkeys running around the neighborhood all the time!

vanilla said...

Why, yes. I see the similarity. I don't mind the fence, either. He might have gobbled you had it not been there.

Duxbury Ramblers said...

We don't have wild turkey here, plenty of the table bird type, we are having turkey for Christmas Dinner but it is one that I have never been introduced to whilst it was alive :) (thank goodness)

Not seen a lot of turkeytail fungi this year, now that's unusual.

Ann said...

that turkey is looking pretty confident about it's safety. Remarkable resemblance between the turkey and the fungus

Sharkbytes said...

Stew- side by side, the name really makes sense

rainfield- surely you have some too

Tony- us too, but they are skinnier!

vanilla- actually the female kept flying up and sitting on top of the fence. I should have pictured that but I was so amazed to get a male with full display that I ignored her

Carol- yeah, I don't think I'd want to eat one I'd met

Ann- the owner didn't seem to be acting as if he was a soon-to-be meal, but one never knows.