Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

White- Playing Around

 
I just kept seeing white today. You might say that wasn't hard to do given all the snow on the ground and all the snow falling from the sky. But I just couldn't leave it alone. So here's another photo essay from me on the theme of white. All these pictures have been enhanced in some fashion except the final one. That one, I was just glad to catch.

White Lake
This is Emerson Lake- you could walk right across to those cottages.

ice covered lake

White Doorknob
I actually like this door in the snow a lot. I did a couple other things with it too.

door with white doorknob

White Shrub
OK, OK, the shrub isn't white, the snow is. But doesn't it look like it's in bloom?

snow covered shrub

White Field
I absolutely love this one. I thought the picture(s) weren't going to be worth saving when I took them. That's why I never make up my mind until I get home and see a shot on the computer.

trees in a snow covered field

White Wall
This one wasn't even a picture I was trying to take. It's part of one of my "work" shots- a wall that need painting. Just because the insurance company doesn't like it doesn't mean I can't!

peeling paint on wall

White Tail
This picture probably took the most skill to catch, and I didn't do anything except crop it and add a little contrast afterwards. It's a bald eagle flying away from me. You can see the tail and the yellow legs tucked back against the body. I wasn't fast enough to stop the car, turn on the camera, get out, etc to catch the front of it!

bald eagle flying

I think tomorrow I'll start my erratic year-end "best of..." series. Some years I keep better track than others. That's me.

See White and Blue
See White
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


8 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

A white theme is a great idea. We haven't had that much snow around here yet. There are only small patches of white here and there.

Loritenor said...

Kinda hard to find any color anywhere right now. Nice photo of the Eagle!

The Furry Gnome said...

It was a pretty 'white' day here yesterday too. I see why you like the one of the trees in the field, and great luck catching the eagle.

Ann said...

I like the idea of going with a color theme. This time of year white is a good choice. You did well with these.
I like the white field, it looks like it's a bit windy too and I can feel the chill

vanilla said...

A great eagle capture even if you didn't move as quickly as you would have liked.

Secondary Roads said...

My eagle photo was much like yours and I was standing on the ground with the camera in my hand.

I revel in letting each year be unique. Why get in a boring rut?

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay that is a lot of wite but it is a wite time of yeer i gess!!! happy noo yeer!!! ok bye

Anonymous said...

I spend a good part of the summer trying to get a shot of the Eagles that took up residence across the river. Never managed it though and I think they may have moved on.