Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, December 2, 2013

Smiles and Miles

 

The missing states were Missouri, Kansas, and Oklahoma. I spent last night in Kansas with our former pastors Al and Beth Verhagen (and daughter Sloane).

Verhagen

Then I headed south into Tulsa, Oklahoma, where I met Mike and Tina Funkhouser. Can you see what they are standing next to?

Funkhouser

We had to do a little bit of paperwork.

notarizing title

And a little bit of mechanical stuff.

hitching trailer

Then I drove for a couple of hours, some of it slowly to get used to my little Companion. Reached today's destination just at sunset.

car and trailer

And what is that destination? I finally got to re-meet my cousin Jean

cousins

We haven't stopped talking for hours! It's been 51 years since we've seen each other and there was a lot of catching up to do. We suspected there were still going to be good connections between us, and we were right!

And, she showed me where she works. She's a Fleet Manager for Con-way Truckload.

Con-way

I'd like to stay longer, but have to continue home tomorrow. I think we'll be planning to meet again before another 51 years, though.


See Index for Trailer Refurbish
if you like this blog, click

Like This!

8 comments:

Loritenor said...

Can't wait to see your little companion.....it looks quite happy following your car! Hope you do not stay up all night chatting..... "Happy New Camper!"

The Furry Gnome said...

Do you mean to say you bought a little camper trailer! Wow! That looks like a dream; hope it opens a whole new world of opportunities for you.

vanilla said...

That. Is. So. Very. Cool!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great trip. Hope you got home ok with your little companion.

Ann said...

Does this mean that your little tent will be retiring? :) Very cool and nice that you got to see your cousin too

whitecloud said...

Cousin Jean thinks this is pretty cool. too...and yes, we stayed up way too late talking. Good thing I took today off from work (was thinking ahead for once)! LOL!

Lin said...

I LOVE your CAMPER!!! I want one! I want one!

Duxbury Ramblers said...

That is one neat little caravan we have small ones over here but that looks just perfect.