Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Morning and Evening

 

gas station sign

Slept last night in a parking lot, but it was free and not out of the way. With towels as curtains, it worked fine. Awoke fairly soon after sunrise, and can now show you my romantic locale.

Instead of the wind in the pines I had car-lock chirps and the slurp of tires on wet pavement as my morning music. Instead of a sunrise I had electronic signs shining through the mist. But today was not about pines and glorious sunrises. It was all about regaining my confidence in pulling a trailer (much practice long ago, but not in any recent decade). Today's challenges were fog and light rain.

camper in parking lot

The trailer handles well and although I'm not totally relaxed with it yet, everything went smoothly. I even got to drive it in the dark for a short while. Arrived home at 5:40 local time, and thanks to a refresher in backing up which cousin Jean provided I got it headed out the driveway, quite straight. It can't stay there permanently due to the windiness of our hilltop, but it should be OK for a few days. No big storms moving in just yet.

So here's where I ended the evening.

Companion Trailer

Lots of time in the car to think. I have the next few chapters of Bury the Hatchet in Dead Mule Swamp planned. A little too tired to write tonight, but I'm going to plan on tomorrow before I have to go to work at 1 pm.

Thanks for coming on my adventure!

See Index for Trailer Refurbish
if you like this blog, click

Like This!

8 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I'm looking forward to hearing more stories about this new adventure in your life.

John Sealander said...

Cool little trailer. I like it. Is this yours now?

Sharkbytes said...

Gnome- Use of the trailer will be intermittent, but I hope important.

John- It is indeed mine!

shelly said...

Be safe. Hopefully, you're going no where near the ice storm coming.

Secondary Roads said...

I enjoyed your adventures. Thanks for the invite to tag along through the posts on this blog.

Ann said...

It's a cute little trailer. So was it a comfortable nights sleep in there?

Sharkbytes said...

Thanks Shelly!

Chuck- you can tag along any time

Ann- it was. With it hitched to the car it's not quite level, but not bad.

Anonymous said...

I really need to learn how to pull a trailer.