Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Slow, with Friends

 
First of all, apologies for not posting the answers to the Vocabulary Day. I'll try to do that tomorrow. Life gets crazy when there are seven people involved.

This morning, Mia came in to cuddle with Grandma Marie and do a crossword puzzle. Aunt Pam was reading her book, and I got to chime in with some help on the puzzle. Marie said it was a perfect Saturday morning, to "wake up slow, with friends." Pam said, "as opposed to fast, with enemies?" We all laughed at that and chose Marie's plan.

Mia and Marie

The day centered heavily on whatever Anja and Mia wanted and needed to do. (Which is fine.) There was choir practice for Mia, and a library trip. Daddy David handled all that. He also did a trip for groceries, and then a trip to get the groceries that were forgotten the first time. The rest of us did food and played games (mostly Bananagrams) and talked.

After lunch, Everyone except David painted shells with nail polish. Definitely not on my list of talents, but I'm continuing to learn about little girl activities!

painting seashells

In the late afternoon Marie and I walked to church. What a deal! We got to have a nice walk, worship in a beautiful building, and come home to dinner on the table. I could get used to all that.

After dinner, we all played a game called Tell Tale. There are cards with pictures and each person in turn reveals a picture and has to make up part of a continuing story that uses that picture. Of course, the story gets sillier and sillier as it goes on, but it's very creative to do with kids.

Mia and Marie

The wheels (accidental pun) have been set in motion for the replacement for my car...

I'm way behind on visiting all your blogs. There is hardly a spare minute when I'm in Philly. But I don't want to give up any minutes with these folks. They are like family to me. But, don't worry, I won't forget you.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

6 comments:

Duxbury Ramblers said...

It's good to spend quality time with friends & family - switch off and enjoy yourself :) we will still be here waiting for the next instalment :)

rainfield61 said...

What a good day to have spent with kids.

And you became a real kid after all.

Ann said...

visiting with real life friends and family always takes top priority. It sure sounds like you are having a great time.

Shelly said...

Your day sounded so much fun.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

vanilla said...

What fun! Just enjoy; the blog world will go on.

RNSANE said...

What fun to hear about your time with your family, friends. I am so excited that my first grandchild will be here around April 21. It'll be a while before game playing but I'm so looking forward to that.