Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Fall Colors Out Back

 
If I were a person who uses hashtags, this post really should be labeled #pajamasallday. It was probably the last day of nice weather for a while, and I had great plans to work on the trailer. Ha! I didn't wake up till 3 in the afternoon. Not... sort of woke up a few times and decided to stay in bed anyway, in and out of dreams. I was just out cold until three. That's the latest I've ever slept on a Saturday after work.

I could have redeemed a couple of hours. Did I? No. All I managed to do was take a short walk out back to try to capture some colors. They aren't going to last long even if they get better because leaves are already coming down.

I'll share what I did manage to find.

pokeweed

fall colors

fall colors

fall colors

fall colors

How's that for a short tour with no explanations or labels?

Accountability report:
What's that? Watched an old movie (The Thin Man), and now I'm going back to bed, maybe with a book. The best I can say is that if I'm going to waste a whole day, I do it right.


See Finally Some Color
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Ann said...

Nice color. I don't think it's going to get too spectacular around here this year.
I like your thoughts on wasting a day...lol

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow wot a kol ... kollide ... wel ennyway luk at all those kolors owt bak we do not hav kolors like that arownd heer that is for shoor!!! and hay i think sleeping until three in the afternoon is perfektly natchooral i do it all the time and i do not eeven hav a job!!! ok bye

Secondary Roads said...

Love that beautiful color tour. What a great eye you have to see the glory that surrounds us every day.