Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, October 9, 2017

We Each Have Goals

 
This is a trail friend of mine, David. His goal for the day was to ride 40 miles on the Pere Marquette Rail Trail. I helped him spot his car this morning.

bicycle rider

I assume he made it, but I think he would have been happier if I'd arrived on time. I overslept. It wasn't too hot when he left, but mid-afternoon was way too warm for an October day. I'm so sorry... mornings and I just don't do well. That's the second time in two weeks I've turned off the alarm without realizing it. That's an old, old trick of mine, but it seems to be resurfacing. Bummer.

bicycle rider

My goals were more ordinary.

Turn in my volunteer hours to the trail association. Done, but on the very last day possible, of course.

Clean up the kitchen from all the canning and grape mess. Close but no cigar. I think one more sink full of soapy water will do it, and put a few more things away.

Write a chapter in Dead Mule Swamp Druggist. About halfway. I have time to finish it tomorrow afternoon, but I really wanted to get it done today. Not happening. My brain is fried.

Work on the trailer- fiberglass in particular. Made progress. I'll probably do a report tomorrow because I think I got one little thing done. Need to check it in the morning. I seem to be able to tolerate 2-3 batches of fiberglass resin a day before the fumes get to me.

Cut some grass. Didn't even think about it, sigh. One section has to be cut once more before winter, and I need to go over my trails so they'll be OK for skiing.

That's it...

I'm sore all over from climbing on and off the roof of the trailer, and my shoulders and wrist ache. Maybe I need a work day to recuperate!

See Cycling with Sue and Sophie
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

Life does have its challenges.

Ann Thompson said...

I sure would like to shut my alarm off in the morning and go back to sleep

Lin said...

You've got a lot going on. I can see why you turned the alarm off. I'm a morning gal, so I don't need an alarm usually.