Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, October 16, 2017

Handbell Choir - It is Well & Softly and Tenderly

 
Yesterday was also handbell choir Sunday, and I got someone to push the video button on the camera that was able to do so before we started playing. You would think this to be an easy skill, but I haven't had much luck.

Both of these arrangements are really pretty, despite the fact that they are easier pieces than some of the things we played last year.

The prelude was "It Is Well With My Soul." It's fairly long, but I love the way the minor key comes in.


For the anthem, we did "Softly and Tenderly" with a soloist. If you are familiar with hymns, you'll notice right away that this is an alternate tune. I have the opening note on this song, so I had to really pay attention! I like the runs in the bass. See if you can hear them. Dale and I coordinated pretty well to play the runs even with a missing person.


In other news: here's my accountability report.

Saturday I wrote about 300 words, Sunday I wrote nothing. Today I wrote 460 words. This looks so pathetic, but I have to trust that it's better than nothing.


See Handbells- Hard Version
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Really like the music of those handbells!

Ann said...

Very nice on both of them

Rick (Ratty) said...

This is great stuff. I love music. I listen to many different styles of music while I drive through the hills around here. I'll have to add this style to my playlist too. The bells sound so nice and peaceful.