Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Along the Way

 
It was a good day to travel. Very cold this morning, but the roads were fine. I left just at sunrise and the sky coughed up a sun pillar. It actually got a lot prettier, but I didn't stop for another picture

sun pillar

The cold made frost patterns form on the windshield.

frost patterns

And then, a tiny rainbow appeared in the ice crystals dancing in the air right in front of me. After I took the picture it was like I drove right through it!

rainbow

The sun came out mid-day, but it was still frosty.

frosty trees

I arrived safely at Irene's just before dark. We visited a bit, and I have the Women's Health and Wellness show tomorrow. So after that, we'll work harder at having a good time.

My back doesn't tolerate that many hours in the car quite as well as it used to, but no real complaints. And I'm here safe and sound.

See Packed
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

Ann Thompson said...

What a great way to start and finish the day

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "We're glad you arrived safely!"
Chaplin: "Have a fun and productive trip!"