Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, February 24, 2014

Maggie Says- Buy More ISBNs

 
This is too cute. I used the last of my original block of ISBNs (International Standard Book Numbers) that I bought when I first began publishing my books, so I'll need to order more. The price has gone up substantially. Sigh.

But I had to chuckle at the sales page. In the US, you buy them through Bowker. Maybe they are suggesting some similarity of Bowker to Bow-wow, or Bowser, or... Anyway, here's the important part of the page.

ad with dogs

Look who's on the right side! It's Miss Maggie. (with John's Mia next to her, and then Buffy, and then Cleo, and then some little dogs I don't know). Actually, it's pretty funny. Most Vizslas would not be larger than most German Shepherds, and I don't think most cocker spaniels would be larger than most basset hounds, but oh well.

I wish this cold would let go. I feel fine until I try to actually DO something.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

vanilla said...

Funny! Right the cocker is much too big, though JoAnn tells me that her son once had a spaniel that grew so large (and died young) that Purdue U. studied it to see what genetic anomaly caused a giant cocker spaniel.

Secondary Roads said...

Oh my, the left out St Bernard and the Great Dane. I guess they don't do a miniature Chihuahua . . .

Anonymous said...

That is really cute!

Anonymous said...

That is really cute!