Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, November 20, 2009

Fire Grilled Burgers

 
hamburgers on a grill over an open fire

Today was not a great day. 'Nuff said. But I had that hamburger in the fridge, and although it was gray and damp outside, it wasn't actually raining. So, I told you I was going to use some of my nice new woodpile and have a little fire.

They were yummy! Enough for tomorrow too.


See A Day On the Trail - Base Camping

8 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

This is my favorite way to cook hamburgers. The taste is something you just cant get any other way. We used to do this often when I was a kid, but I only get to once every few years now. This picture brings back so many great memories.

rainfield61 said...

I like the way to grill your hamburger, we do it with chicken wings, potatoes etc. as well.

Ann said...

I remember way back doing burgers this way. Long before the gas grills came along. I think that the old way may have been better :)
Hope you have a better day today.

Glynis Peters said...

Al fresco cooking and eating is the best kind. I bet your hamburgers tasted scrummy, that wood smoke would add to the flavour and aroma. *Dribble-drool*

wenn said...

wow..that's delicious..

Lin said...

Sorry to hear you had a bad day. :( Nothing like a fire, some fresh air, and some burgers on the grill to help your mood. I would have added a cold beer too though. I hope today is a better day.

Julia said...

Somehow the leftover burger with cheese melted on the top is even better the next day... I love to make extra and have them cold as a snack the day after. Hope tomorrow dawns better.

Sharkbytes said...

Ratty- Yup, that taste is just impossible to duplicate. We ate the rest of them today. Ahhh.

rainfield- very good for anything that needs a little fire under it.

Ann- Things don't taste like this on gas... that's too civilized anyway :-)

Glynis- You can come for burgers any time!

wenn- sounds like I've made everyone hungry! Thanks for visiting.

Hi Lin- Thanks for the kind words. I added a cold diet coke!

Julia- yup, we cook enough for the next day too. Cheese of course. Today was just fine as you will soon read! Thank you.