Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, November 13, 2009

One Job Done...


This is a big file. It was a big job. Nothing too exciting. I just want to celebrate its completion! I actually started Oct 28, and have been doing one wheelbarrow of wood almost every nice day.

wood cutting animation

Stay tuned, now that I have a nice woodpile of hardwood I think I smell grilled hamburgers in my near future!

P.S. What's up (down) with my Alexa rank? It keeps dropping. Big frowny face. I know it's a 3-month average, but we should be getting past the time I was gone by now...


See Monthly Winners for when this job began


7 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

Great idea with the animated gif. I keep telling myself to do that but I get lazy. Looks like you have a nice bit of firewood. A few years ago I would have been doing the same.

Alexa rank is funny sometimes. Mine will go through up and down stages for what seems like no reason at all.

RNSANE said...

Commendable accomplishment! I sat all day at this computer and now my backside aches and my eyes are bleary! Good grief. I haven't even unpacked from Georgia!

Auntie E said...

Great job. Look like lots of fire wood.

Julia said...

Your slide show is cool!! You must be glad to have it all out of the way now.

Lin said...

Wow, spiffy effect there, Sharky. It went a bit fast for me, though. What a big job you got there--hard working gal you are!

coolboy said...

nice blog how ukeep tweets der

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hi Ratty- the gifs are bigger files than to do it in Flash, but I have an old piece of Flash software, and to tell the truth, I haven't used it enough to be very comfortable with it. The gifs are easy.

Carmen- Yeah, well, I don't get very excited about jobs like unpacking either.

Hi Auntie E- I was surprised how big a pile of wood I ended up with. It's great because this is much nicer wood than the aspen that I usually have for campfires.

Julia- No kidding! Silly tree had to fall right across the trail... they always do!

Lin- I had to set it fast. If it went slow it would remind me that it was a big job... fast is good.

Hi naveen- Thanks for stopping by.