Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dragonflies


Dragonflies are always really cool, and a couple of them held still to have their pictures taken.

Chalk Fronted Corporal Dragonfly

I'm really sure of the ID on this one. It's called a Chalk-fronted Corporal. My dragonfly ID consists of looking at pictures in a book, but this one is pretty common. Sorry for the non-natural background, but it liked our bag. What can I say?

Blue Dasber

This one's identity I'm less sure of, but it seems right. This is called a Blue Dasber, but this is an immature male, so it's still brown. I got several nice pics of him as he perched on a weed near the pond of July 5. That all sounds right as the book says it perches on shrubs and vegetation beside ponds.

I sure think they are beautiful!



9 comments:

Duxbury Ramblers said...

years ago I went to a talk on Dragonflies, I was enthralled, there are fossils from before the dinosaurs, plus if there are dragonflies breeding the water is good.
Now you have got a pet dragonfly :)

bing said...

i miss the dragonflies in the elementary school where i went. i used to chase them.

this one is lovely!

Nishant said...

there are dragonflies breeding the water is good.
Banner Advertising Network India

Ann said...

The first time I got a really good look at a dragonfly was when I found one floating in my pool. I was amazed with their wings. They are a very unique creature and totally fascinating

betchai said...

when i was young, i used to chase dragonflies, now, i hardly can even capture one with my camera :(

VanillaSeven said...

Not so often I saw the black and white dragonfly. This is so cool!

RNSANE said...

Such a beautiful photograph. I have always been intrigued by dragonflies.

Ratty said...

I'm only seeing the corporal, but it's a beautiful picture. The orange of your bag really makes it easy to see the dragonfly. I love these creatures.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharring importent information in this blog.
It was very nice.
Ask
egitim

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin