Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. The most recent issue contained Chapter 2 of Dead Mule Swamp Druggist. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Rare Orchid Oddity

 
Just one picture here, but it's very special! This is a pink Lady's Slipper. Yes, it is! But it's albino. How cool is that? First one I've ever seen, although I've found pictures of a few on line.

albino pink lady's slipper


See Michigan's Common Orchid
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

9 comments:

VanillaSeven said...

Oh! How rare and lovely! Where you found it sharkie?

RNSANE said...

This is a precious, dainty treasure. Lucky you to have seen it!

Poetic Shutterbug said...

What a fantastic capture, Shark. I've not seen one either so this is very special.

Ann said...

What an awesome find. I had no idea that there were albino plants.

spinninglovelydays said...

That's so cool. I wouldn't have recognized it as a lady's slipper (not that I know my flowers anyway, lol)

Lin said...

Oh, cool! I think that is a lucky sign, isn't it?? :)

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Lovely orchid - I bet you came across it looking for something else, that's how I usually find my rare ones :)

Ratty said...

I'm glad you found something this scarce. Running across a surprise like this is always great.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharring importent information in this blog.
It was very nice.
Ask
egitim

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin