Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. The most recent issue contained Chapter 2 of Dead Mule Swamp Druggist. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mama Merganser

 

female mergansers and baby

Here's another family scene. I really like this one. It's a female merganser and a whole passel of babies, swimming on the Tahquamenon River. I especially like that I caught one of the babies riding on mama's back. And mama's crest is just raised so high that it looks like a really moussed punk haircut!



5 comments:

Duxbury Ramblers said...

That's a great photo!

Ann said...

That's one hip mom for sure :) cool photo

Ratty said...

This is a fun picture. I really like seeing water birds swimming around with their little ones.

Julia said...

I've never seen merganzers with babies!! Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharring importent information in this blog.
It was very nice.
Ask
egitim

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin