Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

More About the Contest


Here is more information about the prizes for the birthday contest. First of all, let me explain that none of these gifts are new (even the copy of my book has a bumped corner and I can't sell it as new). That said, they are all pretty good stuff, and I'll send them to you at my expense.

The first prize winner will have their choice, followed by 2nd place, etc. Don't worry, I won't be hurt if my book isn't chosen first. I have six things to offer, so it seems like there's a good chance that a high percentage of entrants will win something unless there is a big rush of surprise entries. Here are the prizes to choose from

North Country Cache
New York to North Dakota, snow- banks or blazing sun, afternoon strolls and backpacking treks, Young serves up an eclectic collection of essays chronicling 2300 miles of hikes on the longest footpath in the United States, the North Country National Scenic Trail
North with the Spring
A classic for those who love natural history. Written in the 1960's, the book still is scientifically viable, and always appealing. Edwin Way Teale and his wife drove 14000 miles from Florida to Maine from the spring equinox to the summer solstice, searching out both and ordinary and special places in the eastern United States.
125x125 banner
Your family-friendly site, advertised on this blog for one full year, with a 125 x 125 banner
Gardening Made EasyGardening Made Easy
This is one of a series of notebooks which had to be purchased in packets of pages. I managed to buy the whole set. I recently acquired this partial notebook, and so I don't need it. I really like the detailed and excellent information in these flyers. Even though not complete, this is good stuff.
a mystery book- one of the Nero Wolfe series
exact title to be announced, but I know I have a couple of duplicates
a suspense book- a Mary Higgins Clark
exact title to be announced, but I know I have a couple of duplicates
??? mystery gift?


OK... the final "prize" for everyone. After all the stories are in, I'll write an essay of the true story of the puzzle picture.

Don't forget to enter- rules in the sticky at the top of the blog



6 comments:

spinninglovelydays said...

Great prizes, Sharkbytes!

Fishlover said...

Hi Sharkbytes!Thanks for your comment on my blog. Happy Birthday

Ann said...

you've got some nice prizes there. I've been trying to write that essay but haven't come up with anything yet. I'm hoping this weekend I can get it done

RNSANE said...

You are offering some great prizes. I have so little time, what with trying to complete my packing, I probably won't enter but I envy the one who wins.

John Lottery said...

Hi Sharkbytes

After thinking hard and long, I'd like to select the "family-friendly site" - "Ask the Blogster" "advertised on this blog for one full year, with a 125 x 125 banner" as my 1st place prize.

If that is acceptable, I can either send you a link to the banner, or you can copy it from the blog itself (lower right about 3/4 the way down).

Thanks again.

John

(PS: I wrote a comment on your announcement post to thank you. But, I'm not sure if I submitted it or deleted it)

Sharkbytes said...

John- That's great! I'll just copy it from your blog. Congrats, and thanks for choosing. You must have deleted the other comment.