Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Virus and Thunder



The computer has a virus that I'm having a very bad time getting rid of. The radar map has a HUGE blob of yellow and red storms practically on top of us. I need to get off line to protect the router, and work on the virus some more. Hopefully I'll be able to bring you a real post before I go to bed, but if not... all is well, except the computer.



9 comments:

John said...

Grrr... viruses are a pain :-( Luckily I haven't been hit by one for a few years. Which one is it?

Rick (Ratty) said...

I guess you'll read this when all is well again. Good luck on the computer.

spinninglovelydays said...

If only you could deal with this one with water therapy... Hope it gets fixed soon!

Lin said...

EEEK! I hope you are safe!

Good luck with that virus. UGh.

betchai said...

oh, sorry Sharkbytes, hope all will be well with your computer, when my computer acts out sometimes, i feel like throwing it, I hope you won't

blueyes said...

viruses just annoy me to no end. I keep a usb drive of virus cleaning programs because I'm constantly doing this when people call.

Ann said...

What a way to mess up a perfectly good weekend with a virus and a storm. Hope you get through both and have a little fun

Secondary Roads said...

Lots of wind and overnight rains here is all. Sorry about that 'puter bug. Hope you fix it soon.

Sharkbytes said...

John- I don't know that it has a name, but it attaches to svchost.exe and explorer.exe, and requires a root kit to kill it. But once you kill it, it also kills the registry files.

Everyone- Thanks for all the well-wishes about the virus. I really didn't expect so many kind words and moral support over this stupid "bug," but it's really nice to know you care!