If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Ivy-Covered Window

I've been saving this picture since late summer. I think it looks as if it came straight out of a fairy tale. Just for fun, I played with it a little bit. Nothing drastic, but just some subtle changes to make it a little mystical. Which one do you like best? The first one is the original.

ivy-covered window

ivy-covered window

ivy-covered window

Rain all day. I was on the computer getting the formatting done on News from Dead Mule Swamp. All day. Tomorrow needs a bit more activity in it. I decree it to be!

ivy-covered window

Sorry... I just had to add one more!

See Just WOW in Blue and White
if you like this blog, click the +1  

9 comments:

rainfield61 said...

A house in a "forest".

Kloggers/Polly said...

I have been trying to add a comment and have been refused ... here I go again.

Just wanted to say what a marvellous and picturesque place ... as you say straight our of any fairytale!

Duxbury Ramblers said...

I like the original, we use to see lots of cottages with shutters, ivy & window box -- still a few about, double glazing seems to have taken over, pity I still like shutters but on the inside :)

Secondary Roads said...

Something out of a dream--or a fairy tale. I like the second one best. The third one makes me feel like I'm in a dream and reality only exists in the window. Terrific images!

Ann said...

it does look like something from a fairy tail. I like the second one the best.
We're supposed to have rain all day today, don't think much will get done around here

Ivy said...

I love it! I love ivies in romantic settings, lol. You're right. That window is straight out of a fairy tale. I like the 2nd picture the best as well.:)

miadventure said...

I think that I like the first one the best! Very cool.

Don't unplug your hub said...

I like the last one best. But think they are all brilliant.

Sharkbytes said...

rainfield- makes me think the vines will just suddenly grow instantly and cover everything

Polly- sorry you had difficulty! To me, it looks more typical of England than America

Carol- Well, I suppose everyone likes to be warm and not so drafty

Chuck- there's just enough in the windows to make one wonder...

Ann- I also like the second one best!

Ivy! I didn't even think about your name... This is the kind of house you need, right?

John- reality is fanciful enough, right?

John B- It was an afterthought. I came back and added it because I liked it so much.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin