If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Monday, November 28, 2011

A New Trail to...


In one of those strange coincidences of life a few weeks ago I was trying to turn into the driveway of a house to do a work survey, and an acquaintance was trying to turn into a parking space that was directly opposite. Of course we asked each other what we were doing, and thus I learned that there is a small trailhead there.

Today, Maggie and I went to check out the trail. It begins by going through a beech-hemlock forest.

beech hemlock forest

Next we passed behind some really large sand dunes (look beyond the trees)

sand dunes

It shouldn't have been a surprise, but there is a whole string of little ponds on the inland side of those dunes. I didn't know any of this was here!

ponds

The trail continued, pretty much on the level, for about two miles. Then, we climbed up a valley to pass over another ridge of dunes,

valley trail

and arrived at.... sorry, come back tomorrow.

if you like this blog, click the +1  

6 comments:

ladyguinevere28 said...

Never had the chance to be in this kind of place. But it looks like relaxing, I guess it would be ok for me if i'll get lost here.

Visit me here as well: http://www.traveltomydreams.com/

Lady

Lin said...

What?! Arrived at what???!....aww, Sharkey, the excitement builds....

Secondary Roads said...

That's mean, if you know what I mean. Leaving us wondering where will Maggie lead us next. I can hardly wait. You never disappoint us, so I know it will be good--very good.

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Will be back for the next episode :)

Ann said...

darn cliff hangers. Well at least you are only keeping us waiting till tomorrow

Sharkbytes said...

Hi lady- thanks for stopping by- if you stay on the trail you won't get lost!

Lin- I know, I'm a tease. But there was so much else to add I couldn't do it in one post.

Chuck- I sure hope you'll think so

Carole- horray!

Ann- well, there is some real continuity, so I don't want to leave you hanging too long

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin