Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Fun and Food


 
First of all, a correction... the Elf says he is not an elf, but a Hobbit. Sorry, Om.

We are having a ton of fun. This is turning out to be a great Christmas. It's been a while.

The Hobbit worked on decorating the tree for a while.

decorating a Christmas Tree

I got my big gift early, and Loretta and I were having fun with it this morning. Yes, I got a keyboard! Much more than our usual gift-giving, but Om said he owed me a few things. I won't complain! So we sang some carols. Loretta has lots more talent than I do, but we have fun anyway.

singing with a keyboard

I made pumpkin-cranberry muffins. Mostly for tomorrow's breakfast, but we had a few today too. Yummy.

muffins

Then Loretta and I made the jello for tomorrow and cut up the veggies, and made two pumpkin pies. The Hobbit wanted to check them out. He threatened early sampling, but we banished the food to the pantry to keep it safe from Hobbits and red dogs.


Pumpkin pies

This was the result of Thursday's baking spree, but I promised you food, and I'm going to deliver!


Christmas cookies

The less prime parts of Galluzilla have been boiled, picked from the bones, divided into soup makin's and dog treats, and the stock all packed away in the freezer. Whew... big, big job. I sure wish I would have cut up that monster in November when we got it. But, hey, we got it all done.

I'm posting this early, because we are going to church at 5:30 and then leaving right after that to go to Grand Rapids to get Steve at the airport. We might not be home until midnight.

Merry Christmas to all my blogging buddies! Have great times with your families and friends, and if you are having a lonesome holiday this year, have a hug and a smile.

See Under the Knife for more about Galluzilla
if you like this blog, click the +1  

10 comments:

betchai said...

what a beautiful gift you got Sharkbytes, and love all those delicacies you made. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Merry Christmas & God's Blessings - from all of us across the pond.

vanilla said...

May the blessings of Christmas be yours.

Dick Stone said...

Merry Christmas

The Oceanside Animals said...

Merry Christmas! And it will take more than a table to keep pastries safe from red dogs! ;-)

sir rob said...

Merry Christmas to your family and happy holidays.

I thought santa is decorating the christmas tree.

Ann said...

Just look at all that delicious food. Now I'm hungry.
That's a great present you got.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Ferd said...

Merry Christmas, Joan!

Pretend there's mistletoe... XXOO!
:-)

spinninglovelydays said...

Merry Christmas! God bless! :)

RNSANE said...

I am so late catching up on posts but I know you will forgive me, Joan. India has captivated me but I can't not read your wonderful blog...better late than never, I say.