Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Moon Over the Courthouse

I had an invitation to attend a Christmas Concert today, and I did go... it was great. But I'm saving that until tomorrow for reasons you will see then.

It was just getting light as I finished the paper route this morning, and the (one day short of) full moon was hanging above the clock tower on the Mason County Courthouse. I took a pile of pictures, and this one is tolerable. But I couldn't come close to capturing the real look. The moon was so bright that it "burned out" the photo, but if I upped the speed then the trees and sky were too dark.

Anyway... It was so pretty that I drove around the block to see it again and try to get a picture. Just one more day of paper route!

moon over Mason County Courthouse

See Moonsong in A
See Decorating the Tree
if you like this blog, click the +1  

8 comments:

rainfield61 said...

I saw an orange moon that was not that bright on last Saturday.

Duxbury Ramblers said...

I just love early mornings you see so much more - sorry Joan you know I am one of the Lark brigade :)

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Forgot to mention I got your book downloaded to my kindle from Amazon - hopefully will get to read it over Christmas.

Karen and Gerard said...

Cool picture! I like looking at the moon too--last night I looked up from the bottom of my hall stairs and saw the full moon out my window.

Secondary Roads said...

Nice shot and they are so hard to get under those conditions. The only way I get useable photos is to use the camera's special setting for night scenes and then do some image processing afterward.

Ann said...

Nice shot. I got a good view of the full moon here but at that hour of the morning, as I was going to work I wasn't thinking about snapping pictures :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful moon - it looks almost like a blue moon!

Sharkbytes said...

rainfield- I love orange moons!

Carole- I love that term "Lark brigade." Never heard that before. But, no, I don't think I'll become a member. Oh... and thank you so much for the purchase.

Karen- I can see you doing contortions to spot it!

Chuck- I did one on the night setting, but this wasn't it. I had to go to manual focus for some reason. I don't know what it was trying to focus on.

Ann- yeah... I had been up for 5 hours already at this point.

Polly- It really was too bright for that, but it's so hard to get pictures to look like the real thing. The blue of the sky is right, but the moon was clear, not fuzzy.