Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, December 2, 2011

A Lovely December Hike


Who can believe it's December?! Ellen and I took a walk along the Pere Marquette River. I have to upload some photos fast and get out the door for Grand Rapids. Will schedule the post to show up in the evening as you are used to seeing. It was just one of those lovely bright days with cold air and sunshine. Who can resist the sparkle of sun on water? Pere Marquette River This white pine isn't the biggest I've seen, but it's not to be sneezed at! large white pine I hate these pics taken of people too close in, and struggling to get in the frame, but anyway... it proves we were there and having fun! two hikers I'm off to a party and meeting in G.R.- who knows what I'll share from that?

if you like this blog, click the +1  


9 comments:

Elvirah said...

Its nice watching the wonderful nature; amazing pics and great scenary.

rainfield61 said...

Not to hate yourself, hahaha....


Have a nice day!

Ann said...

even when it's a bit cold outside the sun can make it seem so much better.

Secondary Roads said...

Doesn't seem like December--yet. The bright sun and blue skies makes one doubt. Yet today, Saturday, we have that lead-gray sky that marks so many of our winter days.

Rick (Ratty) said...

That first picture certainly doesn't give a clue that it's December. It looks almost like it could be from any of the warmer months. It looked like that here until today. I'm watching our first snowfall of the year outside the window right now.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello its dennis the vizsla dog hay i am not shoor that is a skwirrel i am pritty shoor it is sum sort of mini saskwatch!!! ok bye

ladyguinevere28 said...

Hi,

I love that river... Its so calmly and once you hear the sound of the water. Its so relaxing.

Visit me here:
http://www.traveltomydreams.com/
http://freethoughts.info/

Thank you

Lady

Sharkbytes said...

Elvirah- there is always some "show" playing outside!

rainfield- I know... those close-ups are just so distorted and goofy

Ann- yes, the sun made all the difference

Chuck- I know... it's time for snowshoes! Soon, I hope

Ratty- we've only had a dusting twice... no real snow yet

Dennis- thanks for clearing that up!

Hi Lady- yes, we sure find walking by water a great stress reliever.

Lin said...

It certainly doesn't feel like December yet, does it? We haven't even had snow accumulate yet! I guess that is a good thing as I am not ready for the commute to work in snow.