Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Galluzilla Fuels More Good Times

 
I'm sure you are just dying to hear how Galluzilla turned out. Well, much to my surprise, it was excellent! I decided to cook the 20 pounds (yes, still that much even with the less prime parts already removed) in an oven roasting bag, and that was a great choice. It was moist and tasty. I tried a new stuffing- apple sourdough, and that was good too.


cooked turkey

We sat down to eat around 2 pm. With Loretta helping me the cooking didn't seem like such a drag... some help and someone to visit with makes it all much better.

Christmas dinner

After the table was cleared and the mess all settled, we played some games. Steve skunked Loretta and me at three games of Mille Bornes, and we laughed a lot.

playing Mille Bornes

Josh brought little Loopy over for the day. She is fatter than ever, but she actually let me pet her!

black Chihauhau

I know these scenes look like everyone else's family times, but we don't get to have them very often, and we are having a really good time, so forgive me for sharing so many.

Hope your Christmas was everything you wanted it to be!

See The Point of My Quality Day for more about Loopy
if you like this blog, click the +1  

7 comments:

Ann said...

that turkey looks so good.
I love all your shots. You just share as many as you want because it's fun to see what other people are doing to celebrate.

john bain said...

It's great to share in your family happiness.

rainfield61 said...

Hope you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Secondary Roads said...

What a beautiful family gathering. You can see the joy in each face.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- Thank you for sharing in our fun.

John- I'm glad you feel that way.

rainfield- we sure are working on that! And to you... whatever tradition you celebrate

Chuck- well, we have our moments

Lin said...

All of our family shots are boring to everyone but us--but it is those moments for which we live for. My Christmas came the next day when the house was full of chatty teenagers. I didn't take photos, but my heart was full just the same. I get it, Sharkey.

RNSANE said...

I love seeing the family times. It was really special for me this year being with my Indian family...and now I really do have a village - as at least half the folks here are related. The food looked terrific.