Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Little Manistee River Drive


There is a road that I like to take whenever I can, and if I have to go to a particular area it's likely that I'll be on it. This is because, even though it's a rustic road, it's really the only way to connect through from one area to another.

It's name is about as long as it is: Little Manistee River Road. The road is only about 1.5 miles long. It does parallel the Little Manistee River.

winding dirt road

Here's the road! As you can see, it's not going to win for straight or smooth. Just my kind of thoroughfare. The potholes force you to slow down and look around. True to the name, the river is just to the south.

Little Manistee River

Today was really, really busy! But I enjoyed that short drive and hope you enjoyed it too.

if you like this blog, click the +1  

6 comments:

rainfield61 said...

A short one is just good during a busy day.

bev said...

The road is quiet lonely at night. :) Happy weekend ahead...

Duxbury Ramblers said...

The road looks in better condition than most of our out of the way ones, some are adopted but most are unadopted and hardly fit to walk.

Secondary Roads said...

I did enjoy the [short] trip today. Thanks for inviting me along.

Ann said...

I like taking some of those back roads every now and then when I have the time. Just to see what I've been missing

Jeshurun said...

It's always wonderful to get back out into nature. I frequently find, that doing so makes me appreciate The Mighty One who created it all, even more!

Halleleu-iah: " Praise Be Unto Yahweh "!