Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, October 19, 2013

My Kingdom from On High

 
One of the nicest things about being on the roof is the vantage point for observing my kingdom and the moods of my back yard. Today was supposed to be rainy again, but it was nearly perfect October until after 5:30, and by then I was off the roof.

Here is a long shot of the back yard. I was hoping to show you the nice colors, and instead got awesome shadows!

back yard shadows

Then I managed to catch some of the colors, and I love how the trunks of the aspens are so white they almost look like birch.

back yard

I do have a white birch. It's a rather sickly thing. I planted it in the front yard about 15 years ago, and it has bravely fought through fungus and wind. But the top looks nice for fall, especially with the pine for contrast and the blue sky.

white birch and white pine

Oh, and the roof, you ask? It's getting there. Maybe one more good day.

roofing

Me? I'm whipped. Going to bed really early. Maybe right now.


See Progress Report- Roof
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


10 comments:

Loritenor said...

Roof is looking great! Love the photos from your high perch....

John Sealander said...

You have a better view from your roof than I do from mine...

rainfield61 said...

So I read and type while you are sleeping.

vanilla said...

I like the "shadow" picture, and the others, too. I do believe you will finish that roofing project!

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful view of the world from your high perch. The birch trees are lovely. They are one of my favorite trees. The Fall colors are beautiful, aren't they?

Kind regards,
Susan Libertiny

Mandy said...

Oh, what lovely photos. I love the long shadows in that first photo. A perfect autumnal photo.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow that is kwite a vyoo frum up their!!! it seems like their shud be hobbits or elves or sumthing kavorting thru the trees in that first wun!!! ok bye

Ann said...

You've got a great view from up there. The view from my roof isn't so hot.

Sharkbytes said...

Loretta- I really do love to look around up there!

John- Too bad. You spend more time on yours!

rainfield- probably all the time!

vanilla- did you doubt it?

Susan- thanks for stopping by! I really have a beautiful space and I love it

Mandy- the camera saw what my mind skipped over

Dennis- Kavorting... now that is something I'd like to have happen by things smaller than deer

Ann- One of the blessings of living in the country



vanilla said...

Not for an instant.