Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, May 2, 2016

Afghans I Have Made - Crochet - Spring Daisies

 
This is the last of the past afghans (except for the one I can't find). This has also been previously featured on the blog, as it was finished just a bit over 5 years ago.

This design was a little more traditional- made with a huge collection of granny squares sewn together. The pattern (I have boxes, plural, of patterns for all sorts of handicrafts) was chosen by sister-in-law Loretta, and we tweaked it a bit to suit her and she chose pastel colors. I named it Spring Daisies.

If you look closely you can tell that two of the daisy styles are somewhat textured, while the third kind is flat. The textured ones were fun to make.

spring daisies afghan

Here it is all spread out. None of it was fun to sew together. 168 squares. Only for someone I care about a lot!

spring daisies afghan

I am declaring myself well enough for work tomorrow, because... I have to work tomorrow. No worries. I think I'll be fine.

See Afghans- Lacy Diamonds
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

3 comments:

Loritenor said...

and it looks lovely on the green Ratan chair from Brazil that resides in my family room! Sorry about all the sewing of the squares....It is a treasured possession...Loretta

Lin said...

Oh boy! That is beautiful! I'm glad to see that Loretta fully appreciates it. :)

Ann said...

I really like this one. I tried making a granny square afghan once. I think I got about 12 squares done and gave up...lol