Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Primrose Lane

 
OK, it's nothing like a lane. It's two plants almost side by side. But they are blooming!

First is the ordinary English primrose, a gift from SIL Loretta. It did not bloom last year and I thought it had died. I haven't had good luck keeping them happy in the past. This year, the color is lasting a long time. Yippie! The actual color is more purple.

primrose

Next is a gift from Ester, the Cowslip primrose Primula veris. This one has lasted quite well, maybe even expanding its puddle a little bit. I read that they are suited for harsh cold weather. That sounds promising.

primrose

Nasty weather today... I did inside things after work.

These two plants make me want to resurrect my rock garden, but I don't think I have the energy or the money.

See see a pink primrose
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

Lovely! It would be hard to pick a favorite.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin