Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Spring Out and About

 
Out doing cases today and sure enjoying all the bright spring colors!

First of all, just some plain old weeds, but I love them. Bright yellow dandelions and blue common speedwell.

dandelions and speedwell

Here's the speedwell, closer.

speedwell

Moving along to flower beds. Suddenly, from not being spring at all, there are now whole beds of tulips blooming.

tulips

tulips

But I always have to return to the rebellious little flowers that like to bloom wherever they want. I have no idea if this is an actual variety name, but my mother always called the two-toned violets, Confederate violets.

confederate violets

I'm pretty much over my cold. Good thing because I have to set the alarm and be at work in the morning. Work isn't bad, it's that morning part that gets me!

See A Walk to the River
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

1 comment:

Secondary Roads said...

Everything is so beautiful! I especially like those purple tulips.