Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Woodmont Worship

 
The only pictures from today were at the morning service, which opened with the Preschool Praise singers. Once the teachers actually got them all arranged and standing still they sang quite well.

children singing

Loretta is in the adult choir.

choir at Woodmont Church, Florence Alabama

Hopefully, she won't hate me for this picture. The book cuts off the bottom of her face.

choir at Woodmont Church, Florence Alabama

Randy and Annette are also in choir. I didn't get Randy in focus and Annette has a microphone bar across her face.

choir at Woodmont Church, Florence Alabama

choir at Woodmont Church, Florence Alabama

So, we started with Sunday School, then worship service, then a spaghetti dinner fundraiser for a mission trip. I bought a book at their auction called Medicine in Colonial America, which is written by another of the friends I've made down here, Dr. J. Patrick Dougherty. I spent the afternoon reading it. Then we went back to church for evening service, and a group of people went out to eat after that.

I have to say that the people I've come to know down here in the few times I've visited are really nice to me. I never feel like an outsider in any of Loretta's groups.

See Alabama Praise and More
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Ann said...

It's always fun to watch the little ones. Sounds like Loretta knows some wonderful people there.

vanilla said...

Sunday as it should be!

Secondary Roads said...

Must have been a very good day.