Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Food Day

  Well, not only did I do my self-proscribed daily quota of editing and writing, but it turned out to be a food day as well.

I still have no car, but Cathy took me to the grocery store. I had checked their website, which said they had small corned beef pieces in stock. Not. So I couldn't get the real deal, but I bought a can of corned beef (not buying a huge $18 chunk of meat for me). Well, it meant that cooking a big pot full of yummyness didn't take as long. This should last me a few days.


So, the store let me down on that one, but the came through on another item that has had me sulking for months. My favorite ice cream on the planet is Purple Cow Moose Tracks. But they haven't had the real thing for, literally, months. They even removed the shelf tag. I couldn't understand why they no longer had it since I'm pretty sure it's a popular flavor, but what do I know?

Anyway, they did carry a "lite" verson which, while not as good, has been OK.
moose tracks ice cream


Guess what was back! The real thing. This is my daily lunchtime treat- just a small bowl. And now I'll have the full creamy goodness. (Until it goes out of stock again).
moose tracks ice cream


Believe it or not, I also managed to do some work in the kitchen!

See Nikki and Chickie

3 comments:

Ann said...

Looks like you a delicious day :)

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "We're glad you got the ice cream you were looking for!"
Java Bean: "Sí, our Dada is over here singing something about how there ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby. Which is kind of weird because he never says ain't or uses baby that way ..."

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- a delicious day- I like that

Lulu- It was SO good today. I had an extra spoonful