Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Those Same Three Miles

 Since the big hike, I haven't been able to talk myself into doing many road miles. But I wanted exercise this afternoon, have no car, and so I did the three-mile loop yet again. Could I find anything new?

Not much. The pond is always appealing, but there were no ducks. Looking back at earlier posts, it seems as if the birds usually show up about 2 weeks later. But I've already seen robins and red-winged blackbirds. Just not today.
pond


The best part of the pond is a little arm of water reaching back to ??? It makes me want to explore. But I did once, and the owner had a cam somewhere out there and came roaring out in his truck and threw me off the property. He wasn't interested that I was practically a neighbor and was just walking home a different way. Sheesh.


The quaking aspen have their catkins all hanging out.
quaking aspen catkins


But it was a lovely, warm afternoon. My foot is still a little sore, but it did the three miles, and now I have ice on it.

I edited, I wrote.

Total miles hiked in 2024: 156.8 of which 45.4 is North Country Trail

See Three Mile Loop Again

3 comments:

Ann said...

It was warm here yesterday too. I went for a walk after work. I was planning on doing three laps at the park which makes a mile but I was only able to do 2 before I said I had had enough. Definitely out of shape

The Oceanside Animals said...

Java Bean: "Ayyy, that's not a very neighborly neighbor! What did he think you were going to do back there?! Boo to him!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- good deal. Any walk is better than none

Java- I know... there I was with a dangerous stick.