Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, March 3, 2024

Where I Was and Where I Wasn't

 Loren and I came home from the Quiet Adventures Symposium. We stopped on the way for a short hike near Lowell in the State Game Area.


This is a nice stretch for a short hike, which was really all we had time for. The power line gives you the first glimpse (if trail eastbound) of the Flat River.
Flat River


A little farther, and the river is right below the trail. It was a lovely, sunny day, and the water was a great shade of blue.
Flat River


The critters are beginning to have spring-like thoughts. There was a pair of mallards. I caught the male in pixels.
male mallard duck


Where I was NOT was at the Philadelphia Flower Show. There just wasn't a way I could work out to go this year for a price and time commitment that was reasonable for me. But Marie sent me a couple of pictures.
Philadelphia Flower Show


Philadelphia Flower Show


I'm pretty accepting of and philosophical about the years I can't go to the Flower Show, but it would have been nice. I can conjure up the smell of all that damp earth and fresh greenery.

Total miles hiked in 2024: 135.2 of which 38.2 is North Country Trail.

North Country Trail Lowell, MI. Grindle Rd to Washington Rd. out and back 2.3 miles

See 2023 Philadelphia Flower Show

3 comments:

Ann said...

Looks like some interesting displays at the flower show. Too bad you couldn't make it this year.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- yeah, I miss it, but I'll live

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "We would rather go for a walk in the woods than go to the flower show! Because I'm assuming they wouldn't let us roll in the flowers."
Java Bean: "Ayyy, or pee on them!"