Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, March 7, 2024

Orange I Traditional?

 Lovely orange and blue sunrise.


And first clothes on the line this year. This usually doesn't happen until April. It would have been better yesterday, but I couldn't talk myself into hanging up wet clothes before the hike at 31 degrees. Today wasn't quite as warm, but things got almost dry. I know this must be boring, but I seem to picture it almost every year. Probably because I love clothes dried outside so much. Anyway, I'm calling it a tradition.


You get a modest post because I worked really hard today on editing and writing.

See Last Outside Laundry Day

4 comments:

Ann said...

I haven't hung clothes outside in a very long time. I did when my kids were growing up. The only thing I didn't like hung outside was towels. They always seemed to end up really rough feeling.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Our Dada says his Nana used to have a long clothesline strung on pulleys from a second-story window to a tall tree all the way across the yard! She would clip clothes from the window and use the pulley system to move 'em out, and then to pull 'em back when they were dry!"
Java Bean: "Ayyy, I think the HOA would have something to say about it if Dada tried to do that here ..."

The Furry Gnome said...

Been a long time since we've hung clothes outside too. Right now any kind of laundry is a big burden because Mrs. F.G. is exhausted from caring for me.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- rough, but nice and absorbent

Lulu- my Granny had one like that over the alley from her apartment window, and we had one at the house I grew up in too.

Stew- Sorry to hear that. But clean clothes are good no matter how you get them!