Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Guess Who I Saw Again?


Look who was circling in the same area where I saw him (her?) yesterday. A little bit higher today, but I decided to use the picture because it is a perfect hawk silhouette- just what you are likely to be able to see if you spot one overhead. He cruised around and then settled in the pines that we had just walked through. Maybe we had disturbed him, and he just wanted to get back into the shelter of the trees. The wind was really nasty both yesterday and today.



See Red and White II
See Hawk and Mouse Are NOT Friends

3 comments:

rainfield61 said...

In your eyes the hawk is just a minute creature, so is it as in my eyes.

I like the presentation of the second one.

Rick (Ratty) said...

It's great to be able to see the same creature more than once. The times I've seen hawks have been very special to me. I really like the predator birds.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Thanks rainfield and Ratty! I smile every time I see that hawk soaring over the field or watching from a tree or electric pole. There were so many years when the hawks and owls were in serious decline, but over the last 10 years or so they have really come back. And it's good for everyone, because they catch so many of those little rodents (sorry ratty... not YOU!)