Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, January 9, 2009

Three Little Jokes

 
I couldn't quite decide what to post today, but finally decided on three little funnies. None of them is a real belly-buster, but they tickled my funny bone just a bit.

Joke #1


I think Maggie was so honored that she had become a blog queen yesterday that she had to announce this morning that she is an e-dog!

Joke #2


The crows show up every so often, pushy and loud, but shiny black and bigger than I always think of them until I see them up close. Doesn't this just remind you of Heckyl and Jeckyl? Of course one of them needs a cigar... I suppose it's a non-smoking section of their log. Backing out, you can see that they have a couple of friends nearby too.




Joke #3

I saved the best for last. I was snowblowing the driveway this afternoon, and of course the plow has filled in by the mail and paper boxes again. So I started to blow an alley through the mess. Whoooooop- a newspaper thwaped through the blower chute and landed on the snowbank. (The paper guy often just throws it onto the snowbank if he can't drive to the box, but that is not one of the elements that makes a quality day for me.) Anyway... so there was this completely wet, and now shredded remnant of a newspaper sitting on the snowbank. Look closer and check out the headline...




See Crows Take a Hike
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!



3 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

That last one was funny. I actually laughed out loud when I read and saw it.

Sharkbytes said...

Me too. It was a nice touch on a chore I was not happy about, because the snowblower had to go to snowblower hospital the next day!

Lin said...

I like your sense of humor! Does anybody know who Heckyl and Jeckyl are anymore? Hee! Hee! I have a pigeon that comes to visit us and we named her Bernice. Any normal person would be shooing her away--not me. :)