Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Lemonade was Free (and more)



Well, Ratty over at the Everyday Adventurer has decided that I should receive the Lemonade Award which is for blogs that show gratitude and a wonderful attitude. I think that he hasn't read the opening post for this blog which explains my real character! Nevertheless, I'll accept the award. I'm supposed to:
  1. Put the logo on my blog.
  2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
  3. Be sure to link to my nominees within my post.
  4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
  5. Share the love and link to this post.

Well, I've got five blogs that I will pass this along to.
Northern Michigan Experience for always finding beautiful things to show us
From Seed to Table who makes food an experience, not just a meal
My Life With Boys for sharing the adventures of two happy, curious sons
Joyful Heart for a lifetime of gratitude and good attitude- she has me waaaaaay beat!
My Open Heart Journal because if anyone has a good attitude it's Kathleen. She's in the hospital right now, having had 5 stents put in this week. She's still smiling, but not blogging much right now

Now for today's entry. Lest you think that all I do is play outside, it sure wasn't that kind of day today. I fixed the son's toilet and storm door handle will have to go back to the store again to fix the storm door handle. I went grocery shopping. Then when I got home I made apple cake, raisin bread, and potato soup. So now I have meals to eat for the coming week. Hooray! I like that. The color combinations don't make for a stunning food picture, but it all tastes good. So the quality in today is that I got a lot done.



2 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

Actually, I have read your opening post. I'm not known for my sunny attitude at home either. Some people even think I'm grumpy, but I'm not at all (sometimes).

Great job on the lemonade post, and the picture of the food is making me hungry. I noticed that you put pictures of the awards on your sidebar. It reminded me that I need to do the same.

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Ratty- ok, so we are the most positive grumpy people we know, right? No more awards for a while, ok? (grump, grump)