Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Mouse Antics



One more day of fun from the hike two days ago. It was gray here today, and then the horizontal snow started again. But I'm still high from the NCT hike. The scene above just tickled me somehow. X marks the mousy spot? The ends of the trails plunged beneath bushes or were buried at the bases of trees. I've fooled with the image to show the pattern more clearly in monochrome.



And when I was almost at the end of the hike, here was one more little mousy joke. The little rodent ran over the top of the snow, but then for some reason decided to go "underground" for about a 18 inches, and then popped out to the surface again. I've altered the entrance picture so you can again see the details better.

I just thought these were cute.

6 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

A great unique view of an animal's tracks that nobody else would have thought of. I've seen holes like this, not in the snow, but could never quite get a good shot of them.

Sharkbytes said...

I seem to be finding a number of interesting tracks this year. It's cool! I'll take whatever adventure comes.... like you.

rainfield61 said...

Very interesting sharing on the mouse tracks. It is fascinating to be able to see where the mouse went in and poppep out.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

They are so cute... if only they would stay outside. You have to wonder what the world really looks like from the perspective of an animal that is 2 inches long.

Lin said...

Oh, how you find things! I have a little chipmunk that comes around in warmer weather and I get so excited when I see him. They dart in and out so fast--so seeing them is just plain luck. I think they hibernate so I don't see tracks in the winter.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hi Lin- Yes, the chippies take a long nap in the winter. I wish there were more different animals out and about in the winter here, but it's rather limited.