Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Whose Woods are These?


red pine woods

Whose woods are these? Actually, they are mine. I had to walk over to Josh's trailer this morning (I snowshoed). This is the view from behind his trailer looking away from the road and into the woods.

red pine woods

I own two acres over there, with a very old and beat-up trailer that Josh lives in. But I have dreams. So, as I walked past the woods on the way to the trailer this morning I was praying about them again.

Josh's situation is always precarious. What he pays me in rent is really only a minimal amount which covers the bills to keep the property, and handle some basic repairs.

Meanwhile, I have a friend in New York that I would love to bring here to live. That's another long story. But she gets Section 8 assistance, so her rent would be covered.

My dream is, that with 2 acres, I could put two double-wide modulars on the property (the township doesn't allow permanent installation of single-wides any more). Nothing fancy, but it would be better housing for both Josh and my friend. She would be so happy to be near enough to a woods, even a small one, to go outside and feel the needles, hear the wind, watch the birds and deer...

red pine woods

This is from the inside of the woods, looking out. Well, if it is meant to be, it will only be because God provides some amazing way for it to come to pass, because I sure don't have the resources to make it happen. I'll have to just keep praying.


See Where the Deer Rest for another edge of this woods, in another winter


7 comments:

jeanlivingsimple said...

Joan, I love your acreage and plan to expand for your friend. Hope you can make it happen. Heck...I know you can!:)

Duxbury Ramblers said...

I am sure it will happen one day - there is always an answer to prayer.

Jackie said...

You have two wonderful acres and we will all just have to help you pray on this one. Please consider it done here!

Oh my those woods and trees-it reminds me of Maine!
Keeping you in my prayers for your dream to come true.
Jackie:-)

rainfield61 said...

I admire these 2 acres of woods; if I have these woods, I'll be a jungle king.

Ann said...

Hey, if it'll help I'll throw in a couple prayers to make your dream come true. It sounds like a good plan to me.

spinninglovelydays said...

I can totally relate, as you know. I'm praying with you. :)

PS I know I left a comment to yesterday's post, but it's not there. I'm thinking now I probably forgot to do the word verification bit. I hope I didn't leave it on somebody else's blog, lol

Sharkbytes said...

Wow- Thanks, everyone for your support and prayers! It means a lot to me- all of the things you said. If Elaine is meant to be here, I know it will work out eventually.