Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Best of 2010


Most years I make an informal list of some of the "bests." Since I reported on 2009, I guess I should do likewise for 2010. Lists may not always have the same categories. Years aren't all the same! Since I've been writing and blogging like crazy, I've written more about many of these things... hence the links.

Best Recipe Finds
Actually, these are both adaptations of old favorites to make them more healthy.
Holiday Jello- the recipe is pretty far down in the page, but it's there!
Lower Sodium Chuck Roast

Best Accomplishments
Finishing the North Country Trail!
Finishing Loretta's Afghan

Best Books Read
Alice's Drive
Because of Winn-Dixie

Best Rediscovered Song
There is a Quiet Place

Best Purchase
parts to fix an old floor lamp, so I can SEE when I'm reading

Best Homemade Gifts
Elderberry Syrup from Ester
Dill Pickles from Ellen

Best New Thing Learned
Autumn Olive berries are edible, and wonderful!

OK, that's all I can think of for now, but this might get updated if some great escaped fact comes to mind.


See Housecleaning and the Best of 2009


7 comments:

RNSANE said...

Well, I've spent quite a bit of enjoyable time going through all your posts here. I am amazed that you put that old lamp back together!! I would have given up and just gotten a new one. You have amazing patience, Joan!

I look forward to seeing next year's list!!

rainfield61 said...

Many small victories make up a major achievement.

Rick (Ratty) said...

I hope you have a Happy New Year! I'll be looking through all of these.

Ann said...

I like this list. I wish I would have come up with some kind of list like this. Hmm something to think about for the coming year :)

spinninglovelydays said...

The list is a great way for your blog to celebrate the year end. I remember reading many of the posts linked here. Happy New Year!

Sharkbytes said...

Carmen- Thanks... I'm sort of like a dog that just has to keep gnawing an old bone.

rainfield- the list really does make each year look like something was accomplished, and lifts it out of the same old- same old

Ratty- and to you too! Thanks for taking a look... as you can, of course.

Ann- I try to do it to keep each year from being just like the one before.

Ivy- yes, my best blogger buddies have been through much of this with me!

Lin said...

That was a good (and unique) end-o-the-year list, Sharky. :)