Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, May 4, 2012

Did You Miss Me?

 
Here's what we were doing yesterday.

rain

After that, and before more of that we did some of this.

hail

And the day ended like this.

sunlit clouds

However... sometime Wednesday night the tower where we get our internet service from was hit by lightning, and they didn't get it fixed until this morning. It's amazing how much of my life and work is tied to the internet.

Now I'm really scrambling to get ready to leave by Sunday morning!

if you like this blog, click the +1  

6 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

Of course I miss you when you miss a day. I'm also glad when you return.

We had rain--very heavy at times. We also had hail, but only a little bit and it was slightly smaller than a pea. Around sunset, the sky put on a great show. I watched for quite a while as the scene changed while the sun slowly sank lower in the western sky until it finally dropped below the horizon.

spinninglovelydays said...

Wow, hail! I've only experienced a couple in my life, both times when I was still a kid. That's an amazing sky pic! Interesting weather you're having.

Rick (Ratty) said...

I'm just getting back online from a storm knocking out my internet as well. It's rough when that happens.

rainfield61 said...

I do miss mist.

Ann said...

holy smokes, thats some big hail.

Sharkbytes said...

Chuck- We had 3 inches of rain! Quite a bit of flooding. That fantastic cloud formation was completely gone in another 5 minutes

Ivy- yes... to have thunderstorms continue for that many hours is pretty strange

Ratty- one of the tradeoffs for the country life we like!

rainfield- That was pretty heavy mist- try pouring!

Ann- biggest I've seen here.