Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Last Day with Marie for this Trip

 
I have to leave here early tomorrow morning because I now HAVE to drive all the way home tomorrow. It's about 14 hours.

This morning we got the clothesline poles put together, and Marie's husband is going to dig out the old cement plugs where the old poles rusted off, and put the poles in the ground. Here we are securing the braces.

making clothesline poles

And here they are, completed, but just resting on the sawhorses.

clothesline poles

In the afternoon we went to a place called Opus 40. It was built by one man over the course of almost 40 years on the site of an old bluestone rock quarry.

Opus 40

It is a huge open area on multiple levels with a theme of concentric and overlapping circles. It's all dry-stone construction so there is no problem with frost heave. They even use it as a stage for concerts sometimes in the summer.

Opus 40


Now I have to try to get to sleep. I should be home the next time you hear from me.

if you like this blog, click the +1  

4 comments:

Chuck said...

Wishing you good sleep and safe travel.

RNSANE said...

What a beautiful area - it seems like you can see forever. I know you had a wonderful time with Marie. With your heads bent over like that, you can't tell the two of you apart.

Ann said...

Have a safe trip home. That Opus 40 is very cool

Sharkbytes said...

Thanks, Chuck! I waved as I went past where 66 crosses 10. Could you tell?

Carmen- we are often asked if we are sisters, although we don't look much alike.

Ann- I may share more pix later- there is a lot more than just that central area.