Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Home Before the Storm

 
Yup, I made it home just as it began to rain! The 797-mile drive took almost exactly 14 hours. I was stiff, hot, and bored, but it was all uneventful, which is a very good thing to be able to say about a long drive.

Apparently the 100-degree heat turned my brain to mush. I often get some good thinking done in the car, but today I just vegged out and let the green scenery stream past with no memorable thought processes occurring.

About 5 miles from home I began seeing lightning, and stopped to take a picture of these awesome storm clouds. I think the second picture is what's called a shelf cloud.

storm clouds

shelf clouds

My trip was totally awesome, and now I have to buckle down and begin to get caught up with all the things I've ignored, including you, by blogging friends!

if you like this blog, click the +1  

8 comments:

Lin said...

Well, it's good to be home, isn't it? Nothing like your own bed.

Chuck said...

Safely home after a good time with good friends.

Unknown said...

Welcome home, Joan. No doubt you'll soon be planning the next trip.

spinninglovelydays said...

Glad you beat the rain! Now I know what to call that kind of cloud. :)

Ann said...

Welcome home. I hate those long drives. Glad to hear you had a great time.

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Wow, what great photos.

Teresa

Sharkbytes said...

Lin- I DO like my own bed.

Chuck- Lots of safe miles under my tires. I want to keep it that way.

Jean- I'm always planning! The trick is how to pull them off.

Ivy- I just learned it recently, myself

Ann- I chose to do it in one huge chunk rather than have less time with Marie. I'm glad I did.

Teresa- thanks for stopping by!

vanilla said...

Glad you are safely home. You certainly had an adventure.