If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Home Before the Storm

 
Yup, I made it home just as it began to rain! The 797-mile drive took almost exactly 14 hours. I was stiff, hot, and bored, but it was all uneventful, which is a very good thing to be able to say about a long drive.

Apparently the 100-degree heat turned my brain to mush. I often get some good thinking done in the car, but today I just vegged out and let the green scenery stream past with no memorable thought processes occurring.

About 5 miles from home I began seeing lightning, and stopped to take a picture of these awesome storm clouds. I think the second picture is what's called a shelf cloud.

storm clouds

shelf clouds

My trip was totally awesome, and now I have to buckle down and begin to get caught up with all the things I've ignored, including you, by blogging friends!

if you like this blog, click the +1  

8 comments:

Lin said...

Well, it's good to be home, isn't it? Nothing like your own bed.

Chuck said...

Safely home after a good time with good friends.

jakill said...

Welcome home, Joan. No doubt you'll soon be planning the next trip.

spinninglovelydays said...

Glad you beat the rain! Now I know what to call that kind of cloud. :)

Ann said...

Welcome home. I hate those long drives. Glad to hear you had a great time.

Journaling Woman said...

Wow, what great photos.

Teresa

Sharkbytes said...

Lin- I DO like my own bed.

Chuck- Lots of safe miles under my tires. I want to keep it that way.

Jean- I'm always planning! The trick is how to pull them off.

Ivy- I just learned it recently, myself

Ann- I chose to do it in one huge chunk rather than have less time with Marie. I'm glad I did.

Teresa- thanks for stopping by!

vanilla said...

Glad you are safely home. You certainly had an adventure.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin