Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, May 18, 2012

FLT Hiking - Masonville to Shear Rd

 
Our last day of hiking was Sunday, and we only had 6.7 miles to walk. I had planned a little longer, but parking the car at the place I had chosen to end was not very good, and it was a really hilly day, so we settled for the shorter distance. Pictures like the first one are always fun.

hiker shadows

We just thought the understory beneath these pines was frothy and pretty.

understory

Finally, just a cutie for Lin!

green frog

Today, we shopped for lumber and hardware for new clothesline poles, and after lunch went for a little hike at Esopus Nature Preserve. We saw two lovely rat snakes (completely harmless). I'm tired. See you tomorrow!

rat snake



if you like this blog, click the +1  

6 comments:

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Are you coming up to the Mohawk Valley? If you are, message me via Facebook, aybewe can meet up and have lunch!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Oops, haa, I meant " maybe." Goodness, my typos are bad tonight! Anyway, I'm not working Monday & Tuesday next week. Since you're in NY, it would be cool to meet. Of course, I know how tight a travel schedule can be, so no worries if you can't make it on such short notice.

Ann said...

I like the shadow shot, and that second is very cool

vanilla said...

"lovely" and "snake" There is a dissonance there. Can't quite put my finger on it. NO! Won't put my finger on it.

RNSANE said...

Love the photo of the pine trees and the greenery beneath.

The frog might be cute but snakes do NOT appeal to me at all.

Dogs Circle said...

i would never be able to tell the difference between a rat snake and or poisonous snake.. nice photos, thanks for sharing!