If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Grackle Taking a Bath

 
I promised you some more fun from my New York trip, and here's a sample. This is a Common Grackle, Quiscalus quiscula. It's a largish bird, about the size of a blue jay.



They don't have a pretty song, but I like them anyway, because of their iridescent heads. This one was exceptionally happy.

I took this the same day as the post linked below.

Tomorrow... work assignments. Wonder what I'll find?

See A Little Plan Adjustment
if you like this blog, click the +1  

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

It's wonderful to find someone else who likes grackles, too! I love starting my day with your blog-thank you!

Carolyn said...

It's wonderful to find someone else who likes grackles, too! I love starting my day with your blog-thank you!

Don't unplug your hub. said...

I'm off for a bath too!

Chuck said...

It is interesting to watch the grackles--especially the rudder-shaped tail as they fly.

Lynn Proctor said...

oh how absolutely lovely!

Ann said...

He sure was enjoying that water. I always like watching the birds in the bath out in the back yard. Very entertaining

Lin said...

I love to watch happy birdies taking a bath. :) Now that the big frogs are gone, I can actually enjoy watching them do that in the waterfall of my pond--without the worry that they will be eaten!

Sharkbytes said...

Carolyn- Thanks so much for your comment! I guess a lot of people like grackles, there are quite a few videos of them.

John- do you splash that much?

Chuck- they look like somebody pasted their tails on wrong

Lynn- He was sure showing off!

Ann- I've wondered if they would like a birdbath here, even if we can't afford to feed them.

Lin- Your big frogs eat birds?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin