Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Next issue will contain Chapter 2 of Dead Mule Swamp Druggist. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Blooming Trees

 
I am just feeling like I'm in temporary heaven with trees blossoming! [updated ID info in brackets]

Always so busy when visiting people that I'm too tired to say much at the end of the day, but I don't think you'll mind. The pictures speak for themselves. There is not a snowflake in sight.

This is a row of trees across the street from where we are staying. I think they are crabapples, but they are awfully large so I could be wrong. [I am wrong. The white ones are Bradford Pears- which produce no pears, but are often used for landscaping trees in this area.]

crabapple

crabapple

crabapple

This looks like some sort of tree rose. [This one has been IDed for me as a red camellia. I didn't even know they came in that color!]

crabapple

This is an azalea.

azalea

And a weeping cherry.

weeping cherry

Sigh... you'll never see every wonderful thing from this week. There's just too much. It's wonderful already and I've been here one day. Took a five mile walk this afternoon, too.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

6 comments:

Ratty said...

Those are such beautiful sights after this long, cold winter.

vanilla said...

Beautiful; and that's what I like about the South!

(Red camellia?)

rainfield61 said...

Everything is as beautiful as the flowers.

Ann said...

so that's what spring looks like :)
So pretty, thanks for sharing them. I'm still looking at snow

Lin said...

I just realized that you are traveling! I've been off the computer this weekend...didn't realized you were on the road. This had me REALLY confused! I was amazed that your trees were so far in bloom!! :O

Dennis the Vizsla said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay wot byootiful flowers!!! i bet menny of them smell wunderful too!!! however dada is aparently hungry becuz he saw bloomin and now keeps tawking abowt a bloomin unyun dada try to fokus on the flowers!!! ok bye

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin